Transfer Student Checklist
- Participate in an Orientation
Enroll in COUN 370 - Orientation to
College, a .5 unit course or
Attend a one-hour mini-orientation or
Complete the online orientation
- Learn how to be a successful college
Enroll in one or more of the following:
- COUN 355 - College Preparations Skills
(for students in ENGL 305 or ENGL 302)
- COUN 55 - College Survival Techniques
- COUN 60 - Effective Study Workshop
- COUN 60.1 - Overcoming Math Anxiety
- COUN 60.2 - Math Study Skills
- Choose a transfer counselor and meet
with them regularly.
For referral and appointments call or go
- Counseling Appointment - Greg Soto (209)
- Transfer Center in Lesher Building (209)
- Learn about the requirements for
Enroll in COUN 80 - Understanding the
Transfer Process, a one-unit course,
visit the Transfer Center Web site at
meet regularly with a transfer counselor.
- Choose a major. Hint: it’s about what
you want to do after you graduate.
Enroll in COUN 61 – Introduction
to Career Development, a 1 - 2 unit course.
Enroll in COUN 61.2 – Self-Paced Career
Exploration, a 1 - 2 unit online course.
Contact the Career Center in Lesher
Building to meet with a career counselor.
- Complete transfer level English and math
- Choose some target universities.
Enroll in COUN 80 and visit the
Transfer Center to use directories, catalogs, and college search
- Create an educational plan.
Enroll in COUN 80 and meet with
your transfer counselor.
- Meet with university representatives
who visit Merced College.
Check with the Transfer Center for
a schedule of visiting university representatives or
visit the Transfer Center Web site, select
“Transfer Center Activities” for listing.
- Attend Transfer Center workshops and
Read The Bear Facts or Pet Tracks
college newsletters or visit the Transfer Center Web site for
- Visit university campuses.
- Learn about the application process.
Enroll in COUN 80 and attend