The Academic Senate deals with all matters of academic and professional concerns not limited by law.
Tile 5 53200 (b): Academic Senate means an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters. In Section 53200 (c), "Academic and professional matters" mean the following mean the following policy development and implementation matters (also known as 10+1)
- Curriculum, including prerequisites
- Degree and Certificate requirements
- Grading policies
- Educational program development
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as are mutually agreed upon between the Governing Board and the Academic Senate.