Merced College's Office of Grants and Institutional Research oversees the District's federally-recognized Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Merced College's IRB is approved through 12/15/2024
Meetings are held via zoom until further notice.
The 2021-22 schedule is as follows:
- Friday April 29, 2022 at 12 pm Agenda via zoom
- Friday February 4, 2022 at 3 pm
Merced College IRB Vision Statement
The Merced College Institutional Review Board (IRB) is committed to increasing the quantity and quality of research conducted at the College. Research conducted at Merced College should reflect the College mission as well as the principles of academic freedom and the dedication to the pursuit of new knowledge.
Merced College is committed to protecting and ensuring the rights, privacy, and welfare of those individuals participating in research projects conducted at our institution.
The mission of the Merced College Institutional Review Board is to protect the rights and welfare of the human research participants.
To accomplish our mission, we strive to:
- Maintain appropriate ethical conduct and regulatory compliance;
- Honor and respect all persons;
- Engage in a continuing quest for excellence;
- Use new technologies and practices in accomplishing our charge.
Minimum five members with expertise and diversity of representation:
- Minimum one scientist and one non-scientist;
- Minimum one non-affiliated member;
- One member alternate;
- Individuals knowledgeable of institutional commitments, regulations, applicable law, and relevant professional conduct and practice;
- Non-members; consultants as appropriate
2021-22 IRB Membership
Dr. Dee Sigismond (Chair)
Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Merced College
Dr. Denisha Dawson
Chemistry Professor, Merced College
Senior Research Analyst, Merced College
Dr. Gary Gargano
Psychology Professor, Merced College
Reference Librarian, Merced College
Student Representative, Associated Students of Merced College (ASMC)
Alternate Student Representative, Associated Students of Merced College (ASMC)
Office of Institutional Effectiveness Program Assistant Program Assistant , non-member
The Merced Community College District (MCCD)/Merced College Institutional Review Board is registered with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS); registration number IORG0007554; expiration, 31 October 2018.