Merced College's Office of Grants and Institutional Research oversees the District's federally-recognized Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Merced College's IRB is approved through 31 October 2018.
Meetings are held from 02:00PM to 03:30PM on the Merced College, Merced campus.
The 2016-17 schedule is:
- Monday, September 26, 2016
- Monday, November 28, 2016
- Monday, January 30, 2017
- Monday, March 27, 2017
- Monday, April 24, 2017
Merced College IRB Vision Statement
The Merced College Institutional Review Board (IRB) is committed to increasing the quantity and quality of research conducted at the College. Research conducted at Merced College should reflect the College mission as well as the principles of academic freedom and the dedication to the pursuit of new knowledge.
Merced College is committed to protecting and ensuring the rights, privacy, and welfare of those individuals participating in research projects conducted at our institution.
The mission of the Merced College Institutional Review Board is to protect the rights and welfare of the human research participants.
To accomplish our mission, we strive to:
- Maintain appropriate ethical conduct and regulatory compliance;
- Honor and respect all persons;
- Engage in a continuing quest for excellence;
- Use new technologies and practices in accomplishing our charge.
Minimum five members with expertise and diversity of representation:
- Minimum one scientist and one non-scientist;
- Minimum one non-affiliated member;
- One member alternate;
- Individuals knowledgeable of institutional commitments, regulations, applicable law, and relevant professional conduct and practice;
- Non-members; consultants as appropriate
2016-2017 IRB Membership
Dr. Michael McCandless (Interim Chair)
Dean of Student Equity and Success, Merced College
Dr. Denisha Dawson
Chemistry Professor, Merced College
Senior Research Analyst, Merced College
Dr. Gary Gargano
Psychology Professor, Merced College
Reference Librarian, Merced College
Building Healthy Communities Youth Coordinator, Community Member
Student Representative, Associated Students of Merced College (ASMC)
Research Analyst, Merced College
The Merced Community College District (MCCD)/Merced College Institutional Review Board is registered with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS); registration number IORG0007554; expiration, 31 October 2018.