Smoking is permitted in all outdoor areas under the following conditions:
- All smoking materials and matches are deposited into a receptacle designated for disposal of smoking materials.
- A “no smoking” sign is not posted in the area and it is not within 20 feet of covered corridors, doors, elevators, stairways, stairwells and open windows.
- A safety and/or fire threat is not created by smoking.
- Smoking is not done in college vehicles. (A “no smoking” statement will be included on vehicle request forms and a “no smoking” sign will be installed in all District vehicles.)
- Smoke will not enter any District or District rented building. (Language will be included in rental agreements stating that smoking is not permitted indoors or near any entrances.)