Merced Community College
District Parking Policy
- Parking on campus requires a current semester
parking permit. This permit is required anytime you are parked between
7:00 AM to 10:00 PM Monday through Thursday, and Friday before 1:00 PM.
This permit must also be visibly displayed in your parked vehicle in
order to avoid receiving a parking citation.
- Owning a current parking permit doesn't guarantee
that parking spaces on campus will be available for you to use. Merced
College does not sell or rent parking spaces on campus but rather only,
through the selling of a parking permit, allow owners of current parking
permits the ability to park on campus.
- Signs regulating parking on campus are posted at
each entrance to the campus and can be found at various locations
throughout the campus.
- Daily parking permit dispensers are located at or
near each of the main parking lots. The fee for a day permit is $1.00.
- Drivers who park their vehicles on campus must
adhere to all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing
the operating and parking of vehicles.
- The fine for parking citations that are issued can
be found on the back of the citation.
- Authority to regulate parking on campus was
established by the Board of Trustees of Merced Community College
- The Merced College Police Department is vested with
the responsibility of managing and regulating the parking on campus.
- The Merced College Police Department is located in
the Services Building.
- After an officer/personnel of the college police
department has commenced writing a citation, he/she does not possess the
authority to void any citation once the citation has been issued.
- If you receive a citation and would like to contest
it, you may do so by appearing at the Merced College Police Department
during operating hours and request to obtain an initial review form
(Initial Administrative Review). The Chief of Police of Merced College
has the sole authority in this section of the review process.
- If you are not satisfied with the
findings of the initial review process, you may choose to initiate the
second review process. You can do this by obtaining the second form
(Request for Hearing Examination) at the Merced College Police
Department. This review is sent to Merced Community College Payment
Processing Center for a finding. This process requires a $25.00
refundable deposit, if the citation being contested is found to be