Earn Units Working
If you work, volunteer, or are self-employed, you can earn up to 16 units of elective transfer credit, from 2 to 4 units per semester.
SPRING 2017 REGISTRATION UPDATE: To register in Co-op beginning Monday, January 30, 2017, please visit the Career Center during Co-op hours (listed below) or visit the Student Services Office on the Los Banos campus. To expedite the registration process, please print and complete the Registration for Co-op Education. Upon registering, you will be given a handout with the after-registration instructions. Registration will end on Friday, February 17th.
About the Program
Cooperative Education allows students the opportunity to benefit from practical application in a job setting within their major area or to gain work experience in a field not connected to their areas of study.
A student may enroll in Cooperative Education for a maximum of four semesters, and no more than 16 units may be earned at Merced College. Seventy-five hours of work experience (or 60 hours volunteer work) equal one unit of college credit. Cooperative education units are offered in many areas. The number of units (2, 3, or 4) the student will be enrolled in will be determined by the number of hours the student will work during the semester.
In order to participate in the Cooperative Education Program, a student must:
- have on-the-job experience in a paid or volunteer position;
- enroll in a Cooperative Education course;
- have the cooperation of the employer in including new or expanded responsibilities or learning opportunities on the job for which the student is enrolled in Cooperative Education.
Office Location and Contact Information
Co-op is now located in the Career Center.
Lesher Student Services Building, 3rd floor Merced Main Campus
SPRING 2017 Co-op Hours are as follows:
- Mondays and Wednesdays 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Contact: Rosa Hernandez, Student Support Coordinator, @ 384-6649
Students may also inquire on the Los Banos campus in the Student Services Office.
(209) 384-6364, email@example.com