Are you looking for a coffee shop atmosphere to work on homework between classes? Would you like an informal, academic environment to study for an exam with friends? Are you sometimes stumped by an assignment and would like some assistance from an instructor outside of class? Do you need some information about student support services and don't know where to go? If so, Study Central is the perfect place for you. Located in the Student Union Building, Room 141. For more information, call (209) 384-6177.
· Provides a comfortable environment for students to study or work on homework, individually or in small groups. Academic inquiry/dialogue is modeled and encouraged.
· Offers assistance from highly trained peer guides and faculty who specialize in a variety of academic fields.
· Equipped with computers and Internet access for research and class-related assignments only. Print cards may be purchased at the Bookstore or Student Fees at 50 copies for $1.00.
· Equipped with private study rooms where a group of students can work on school-related assignments.
Offers free, drop-in academic workshops that cover a variety
of topics supporting student success.
· Information hub for all student services.
· Designed to increase retention, especially for first-time freshmen.
· Unlike many other areas on campus, food and drinks are permitted.Although informal tutoring may go on, Study Central is not a Tutorial Center. The Tutorial Center exists for regularly, scheduled appointments with trained tutors. Study Central is not intended to be library quiet. We believe academic dialogue leads to learning and is encouraged.
Open Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. during the fall & spring semesters.
Study Central is closed during summer session.
Message from the Director of Student Success
Physical & Mailing Address:
Study Central, Stop #28
3600 M Street
Merced, California 95348
Study Central Building Location:
Student Union Building, Room #141
Phone: (209) 384-6177
FAX: (209) 386-6687