Merced College welcomes your application as an international student. Our staff will make every effort to assist you.
Our admission requirements conform to the regulations of the U.S. Government for issuing F-1 student visas. If you have any questions regarding enrollment and/or completing the form, please contact our International Student Services Office at (209) 384-6229, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for International Students:
|Fall Semester||June 15th|
|Spring Semester||November 15th|
|Summer Session||April 15th|
Please submit these requirements below. A transfer student from another college is required to submit the same documentation below. A transfer clearance form (pdf) is required for the transfer students in order for us to issue an acceptance letter.
- Complete Merced College International Student Application form and send it via email to email@example.com.
- A processing fee of $100.00 U.S. Currency , or Credit card is required with the filing of your application.
- An official affidavit of financial support to show proof (such as a recent bank statement referencing your parents or sponsor)
that you have sufficient finances to pay for your tuition and living expenses for
one year, $18,000 minimum. The minimum enrollment of 12 units, books, insurance and living expenses plus tuition
and fees bring the typical student’s total costs to approximately $17,000 - $18,000
per calendar year.
- A health examination from a physician is required and must include current immunization dates and verified
tuberculosis (TB) clearance.
- An autobiographical essay (approximately one page) that describes your education, special interests, reason
for applying to Merced College, and your educational goals after completing your studies
at Merced College.
- A letter of recommendation (academic) which supports your educational achievements and goals.
- Graduation from a secondary school that is equivalent to an American high school. Official records and transcripts,
translated into English, must accompany your application. A transfer clearance form
is required if you are presently attending another educational institution in America.
- Official college transcripts from all U.S. colleges or universities if you have previously
- Coverage for health insurance. In the United States health care is expensive, and there are no free medical facilities. Merced College requires all International Students to have health insurance. Students must provide proof, in English, of existing health insurance which is equivalent to the Merced College supported International Student health and accident policy or purchase insurance through our office upon arrival. Proof of any existing health insurance must be provided prior to the time of registration. Insurance coverage for the year through our office is $1,218 and for one semester is $609. For more information please go to www.studentinsuranceusa.com
English Language Verification
To be accepted for admission as an international student at Merced College, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English at a level that will allow you to successfully complete college work.
To verify your level, we ask that you pass the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 450 Paper-Based Test, or 45-46 on the Internet Based Test (the equivalent of ESL level 109), or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score 5 , or EIKEN 2A or better.
This requirement may be waived if you come from a country that uses English as the primary language in its educational system. See list of countries where TOEFL score may be waived.
Note: If your TOEFL score is less than 450(PBT)/45-46(iBT) you may register in Merced College English Language Institute (MCELI) classes.