Special Application Steps
Students in Kindergarten through 8th grades, and in High School, must follow these steps to register for classes at Merced College.
1 Apply for Admission
- Complete the 2-page Application for Admission in the K-12 application packet
- Bring the completed application to our Admissions and Records Office.
- If you are submitting any paperwork for the student, you must have their permission to do so via this completed Authorization to Release Student Information form. The student must be present when turning in their initial application at which point permission may be granted to other parties to act on their behalf.
Tip: Do NOT apply online as it will significantly delay the processing of your application.
2 Obtain your ID Card
- Bring a picture ID (High School ID card will work) to Admissions and Records when you apply.
3 Student Portion - Permit for Special K-12 Students
- Complete the top portion of the Permit for Special K-12 Students to Attend Merced College that says “To be completed by student.”
- You must have one form for EACH class you wish to enroll in.
Tip: This section MUST have a parent signature and initials where indicated.
4 High School Portion - Permit for Special K-12 Students
- Take this form to your high school counselor, discuss which class(es) you wish to take, have the counselor indicate the course on the form, print and sign their name.
Tip: Merced College staff cannot complete the next portion of the form if the high school does not fully complete this area.
5 Merced College Portion - Permit for Special K-12 Students
Bring your completed permit to Merced College. Following the grade level requirements on the permit, obtain the required signatures.
- College Counselor signature obtained through the Counseling Office in the Lesher Student Services Center, 2nd floor, Merced Main Campus.
- Area Dean and Professor signatures obtained through their offices.
- Vice President of Instruction signature obtained through the Office of Instruction, (209) 384-6199.
6 Schedule Request Form
While obtaining the College counselor's signature, have him/her work with you to complete and sign the Merced College Schedule Request Form.
7 Register for Classes
Submit your completed permit for special K-12 students to attend Merced College AND your Schedule Reqeuest Form to Admissions and Records on or after your registration deadline date.
8 Pay Fees
Pay fees online or through the Student Fees office.