Red Ribbon Week Outline
October 23 – 27th, 2006
I Know The Code. Do you?
0 - Drinks if you are underage, driving, taking medication, pregnant, or in recovery
1 - No more than A drink per hour.
1-2 - No more than 1 - 2 times per week to be RESPONSIBLE
3–4 - Total drinks on any one occasion
who has been drinking.
that are right for you. Support others who choose not to drink.
friends get home safely. Speak up and stop dangerous situations.
Knowing the code means using the power within yourself to plan ahead and make decisions that keep you and your friends safe.
Wednesday -1st Annual Talent Show
Date: October 25, 2006
Theme: “Being Drug Free Encourages Me!”
Time: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Merced College Theater
· First Screening: October 18, 2006, 12:00 2:00 p.m., meet at the theater, bring presentation information.
· First Practice: October 23, 2006, 10:00 – 12 noon
· Second Practice: October 24, 2006, 10:00 – 12 noon
· Participants must attend both practices to present.
Faculty, please encourage students in the fields of Music, Vocal, and Dance to participate in this event.
Proceeds will help purchase program material, pay for a leadership conference and to purchase T-shirts for the Peer Team on campus.
THURSDAY Rodeo Day!
Date: October 26, 2006
Time: 9:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Quad Area
Details: If your department would like to participate and have a booth in the Quad, please contact the Student Activities office and complete an application for a table. The application deadline is Monday, October 23, 2006, 4:00 p.m. A table will be reserved for who submit an application.
Activities In the Quad:
· Games and Wellness information booths will be available for students in the Quad.
· “Be Aware of Your Surrounding” - A Safety Awareness
Presentation by the
- Services Provided by our Police Department - Safety and Awareness Issues
- Narcotics Information - Assaults
- Open Forum
· Hamburger Eating Contest, 12:00 noon in the Cafeteria
· Pumpkin Carving Contest, 12:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria
Prize: Pizza lunch with drinks for the winning department or club.
Participating departments are asked to decorate their office area with a Halloween and Drug Free theme. Secret judges will be visiting your office to check on themes on Thursday, October 26th.
Example: Student Activities Theme:
Dance for students and staff
Date: Friday, October 27, 2006
Time: 7:00 – 11:00 p.m.
Details: Students and staff are invited to attend the “Annual Monster Bash”. There will be Free Food; Games; Costume Contest (Two $100 dollar prizes for best dress ghoul or gal); Dance Contest and great music. Entry fee will be one can of food. Contact the Student Activities office for further information and/or for tickets. Must be 18 years old to attend, identification will be required at the door, so bring your student or staff ID.