Phi Theta Kappa
First Prize: $150.00 Gas card
Second Prize: $100.00 Gas card
Third Prize: $50.00 Gas card
Essays due Fri., Oct. 31st 2008
Essayists may choose to write on ONE of the following prompts or topics, which are based on the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Study Topic: The Paradox of Affluence.
• Does everyone need to go to college to be affluent?
• What are the consequences of not supplying a quality education for the less affluent?
• To what degree is it true that affluent nations pollute to a greater extent than poorer nations?
• To what extent does affluence contribute to family and community cohesion?
• To what extent does affluence allow more choices for individuals, families, and communities? What problems may occur from having more choices?
• Write on only ONE of the above prompts.
• Microsoft Word, double spaced, 12-point font, with a total of no more that 2,000 words.
• Any paraphrases or quotations must be properly cited, with a Works Cited page.
• To reduce paper waste, no hard-copy entries will be accepted. You MUST email your essay to the Phi Theta Kappa Secretary, Audra Harl. Her email address is: email@example.com
• Do not include any self-identifying information in the document itself. Be sure to include the following information in the body of the email to which your anonymous essay is attached: The title of your essay and your name.