Welcome Statement

The Business & Fiscal Services office is responsible for processing all College travel related documents. Fiscal Services works closely with department managers and special program managers to ensure that travel is appropriate for the funds that will be used to pay for the travel and to ensure that there is sufficient funding.

About Trip Request / Travel Claim Forms

Authorization to Drive
  • Must have clearance on file with the District Transportation Dept to drive on District business.
  • Contact Transportation for instructions to get driver clearance (384-6142).
  • Allow at least one weeks for clearance or you may bring in a DMV printout yourself.
  • These requirements must be met whether or not you intend to submit a claim for mileage reimbursement.
Hotel Reservations
  • Provide a breakdown of all charges and obtain a confirmation number from the hotel.
  • Make sure to include the hotel name, address and phone number along with your form.
Conference Registrations
  • Attach a copy of your completed registration form(s).
  • Indicate the conference name, plus the phone number and address indicating where payment should be mailed.
Advance Payments
  • Must have an approved trip request to process advance payments.
  • If advance payments are needed for either the hotel or conference registration, please indicate on the trip request form by putting a check mark in the specified areas.
Conference Travel & Training Account Line
  • Most of you should already have these accounts in place (object code 55210 or 55232). However, if not, then please request that one be setup. This request can be directed to the Associate Director, Business and Fiscal Services or your Accounting Specialist, if applicable.
  • Prior to submitting your trip request or travel reimbursement claim, please make sure you have sufficient funds in your conference travel account or training account.
  • If you have insufficient funds, please complete a budget transfer prior to submitting your request/claim form.

Travel Ban

Travelers are required to check the California State Attorney General website for a list of affected states prior to initiating out of state travel.  

The following is a comprehensive list of states subject to California's ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel:

  1. Alabama
  2. Arkansas
  3. Florida
  4. Idaho
  5. Iowa
  6. Kansas
  7. Kentuck
  8. Mississippi
  9. Montana
  10. North Carolina
  11. North Dakota
  12. Ohio
  13. Oklahoma
  14. South Carolina
  15. South Dakota
  16. Tennessee
  17. Texas
  18. West Virginia

Mileage Expense Reimbursement Form

  • Must have clearance on file with the District Transportation Dept to drive on District business.
  • The specific purpose of each trip must be identified.
  • Use your applicable local travel account line (object code 55219) and make sure sufficient funds are available. If not, complete a budget transfer.