Hites Transfer Scholarship
Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise/GEICO Business Student Scholarship/Dowell Leadership Scholarship
California State University, Stanislaus - Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarship
· One $300 per year scholarship.
· A minimum 3.5 GPA and 24 credit hours are required.
· Part-time students are not eligible.
· A letter of recommendation from a Phi Theta Kappa advisor is required.
· Deadline: March 2
· Check more information about other scholarship opportunities from the 4-year university at http://www.ptk.org/srcolleges/transfer.htm
International Scholar Laureate Program
· Tuition scholarships worth $8,000 for study-abroad programs
· Must be a member in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
· Selection is based on financial need, academic merit and student involvement in extracurricular and volunteer activities
· Educational opportunities in Australia, China, and the United States for any PTK members going for a career in business, diplomacy and international relations, engineering, medicine, and nursing
· Deadline: March 4
Cyril Smith Scholarship
· Students who attended Merced High School or Golden Valley High School in Merced for a minimum of 3 years and be a resident of Merced County during the period of attendance
· Must have applied for admission to a public or private institution of higher learning in California, excluding community or junior colleges
· Must have a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.8 for the last 2 years in secondary school or have a college freshman year GPA of 3.25
· Deadline: March 15
Virginia Smith Scholarship
· Students who attended Merced High School or Golden Valley High School in Merced for a minimum of 3 years
· New or renewal applicants must have 60 units and/or junior status, and must have applied for admission to a public or private institution of higher learning, excluding community or junior colleges, in California
· Deadline: April 15
MUHSD Bloss Memorial Scholarship for High School Graduates
· Must have a cumulative college GPA of not less than 2.8
· Must be enrolled in an accredited California post-secondary school
· Must have graduated from the Merced Union High School District no earlier than 1973, or any year thereafter
· Shall be ineligible to apply after 10 semesters or their equivalent of college attendance or completion of a baccalaureate degree
· http://www.muhsd.k12.ca.us and click on Students then Other Links
· Deadline: April 8