Merced College Rules and Regulations for Use of Facilities
Your cooperation is requested in observing the following rules and procedures regarding the use of college facilities:
1. Completed application forms must be submitted to the Facilities Office located in the Office of Instruction, at least one month prior to the date of intended use.
2. A Certificate of Insurance and an Additional Insured Endorsement must be provided and must state, “The provision of the policy shall apply to addition insured: Merced College, their Trustees, Directors, Officers, Agents and Employees.” This certificate is due at least two weeks prior to the scheduled event. The amount of insurance needed will be determined by the Facilities Office.
4. Any permit may be revoked if conflicting dates have resulted, or where need of the property for College purpose have subsequently developed.
6. All reports submitted will be put on hold until credit class schedules and College events are finalized.
8. The District my require that a deposit of two-thirds the total estimated cost be paid at least two weeks in advance of the scheduled event. Such deposit will be credited to the amount when the final bill is rendered.
10. Organizations are liable for damage
to District equipment, buildings and grounds.
12. A Theater facility request requires that a theater technician be present during all usage. This includes rehearsals as well as performance. The theater manager must be contacted at least two weeks prior to the scheduled event to discuss technical setup and other arrangements (381-6252).
14. All users providing and/or selling food on campus must observe the regulations per the California Health and Safety Code. A Dept. of Public Health application for “Temporary Food Events” is available in the Office of Instruction. A copy of the food permit must be submitted to the Office of Instruction in order to obtain facility approval. Requests for use of concession stands must also be included on the facilities application. Additionally, only Coca-Cola products (including bottled water) may be served at any Merced Community College function.
16. The only office on campus that can give approval for use of Merced College Facilities is the Facilities Office located in the Office of Instruction.
In addition to the above rules and regulations, the following on-campus policies must be adhered to:
• User shall not sell, distribute, or allow the use or possession of liquor or alcoholic beverages in any Merced College facility.
• Merced College shall provide security at events as deemed necessary. An estimate of security charges will be provided by the Facilities Office with the approved facilities form.
• Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
• User shall execute and maintain their event so as to avoid injury or damage to any person or property. Aisles are to be kept clear and proper seating plans followed.
• Pianos, furniture, and other equipment many not be moved or removed without permission.
• Electrical appliances are not to be used on walls or woodwork.
• Eating and drinking is prohibited in classrooms.
• Scotch tape/thumb tacks are not to be used on walls or woodwork.
• No street shoes or black soled tennis shoes are allowed on the Gym floor.
• Youth groups and minors must have proper supervision at all times.
• Merced College, like other higher educational institutions requires parking permits to park on campus. This requirement is enforced between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. on Fridays. At all times, special parking, i.e., disabled parking, etc., rules are enforced. Also, parking is allowed only in parking lots. Parking on sidewalks, lawns, walkways, or service drives and other places that are not parking lots on campus is not allowed at any time or any day of the week or weekend. Daily parking passes can be purchased at various dispensers around campus for $1.00 (4quarters).
For further information contact the Facilities Office in the Office of Instruction at 381-6593.