Suspension of Termination of Support Services
According to Title 5 California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 56010, “Student Responsibilities,” DSPS may suspend or terminate support services under the following conditions:
- Failure to adhere to DSPS written policies and procedures.
- Failure to adhere to the District’s Standards of Conduct (Board Policy 5500).
- Failure to make measurable progress towards the goals established in the student’s Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP).
Students must notify the DSPS office of his/her absence prior to the time of their counseling appointment or support service(s) scheduled to be provided. Three (3) failures to do so may result in suspension or termination of the service for the current semester. Appointments and services include the following:
- Appointments with a DSPS counselor
- Appointments with the Learning Disability Specialist
- Appointments with the Alternate Media Access Specialist
- Appointments for test proctoring
- Sign Language Interpreter service
Prior to the suspension or termination of services, the student will be notified in writing identifying the reason(s) that services will be suspended or terminated for the current semester. The letter will inform the student that he/she must meet with the DSPS Director within five (5) working days from the date of the letter if they want to continue services.
If the Director determines services should be continued, a signed “Contract for Continuation of Services” to reinstate services for the current semester will be given to the student.
If the student does not schedule the meeting or fails to attend, services will be suspended or terminated for the current semester.
The student shall have the opportunity to appeal the decision to suspend or terminate his/her services by contacting the Vice President of Student Personnel at 384-6186.
The student will be provided with either a written notice of the resolution arrived at during the appeal process to continue services or a final notice for the suspension of or termination of services.