What is Blackboard?
Merced College classes may use Canvas or Blackboard learning management system to deliver course content and assess your learning.
How to access your online classes via Blackboard:
- Access Blackboard via this link: http://mccd.blackboard.com. Also, you may access Blackboard via the MC Portal.
- Login with your username and password.
What is my Blackboard login?
Your username is the same username you have on the MC4Me Portal. Call or email the Student Help Desk if you cannot log in after 48 hours: (209) 381 6565, email@example.com.
YOUR BLACKBOARD CREDENTIALS:
USERNAME: firstname.lastname (lower case)*
PASSWORD: (see important intructions below)
Important instructions: Please remember to change your password in Blackboard to use Respondus Lockdown browser. In order to do so, you need to access Blackboard through the MC4ME Portal. Once inside Blackboard, click on the upper right hand side corner where your name is at. You will see an item that says “settings.” Click on “settings.” Once you click on “settings” you will see an item that says “personal information.” Click on the item that says “personal information.” Once you click on “personal information,” there will be an item on the main page that says “change your password.” Click on "change your password." Here is where you will create the password that you will be using to log on when you use Respondus Lockdown Browser.
Note: Please allow us 24 to 48 hours to grant you access after you register for a course at Admissions & Records if the semester has already begun. Otherwise, access begins a week prior to start of the semester.
How to install Respondus Lockdown Browser
Please click on the link and follow the prompts:
Important note: In order for Respondus to work, you need to do these three things:
- Download it
- Install it
- Use it (click on the Golden Padlock on your desktop). Your username is the same as the MC4ME Portal; your password is your DOB in MMDDYY format.
- Your password should be your DOB in MMDDYY. If it is not, go to Blackboard via MC4ME Portal and change it under "settings", "personal information" in the upper handside corner.
- Check out Blackboard Help, and online resource for all your questions.
- View our Online Classes section for more information about taking classes online at Merced College.