Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q1. How do I register for classes online?
- Q2. How do I install Microsoft Office 2016?
- Q3. I cannot see a thing when I click on WebAdvisor via the MC Portal
- Q4. I cannot login to the WiFi and I am using the MC4ME Portal credentials!
- Q5. How do I access my Pearson account?
- Q6. I am having difficulties installing Respondus. Can you help?
- Q7. How do I log unto Canvas?
- Q8. How do I log into CCOpen?
- Q9. How do I access my Campus Email?
- Q10. How do I configure my iPhone, cell phone, or other email client, such as a PC, to retrieve emails from my college email account?
A1: Make sure you have completed the Five Easy Steps to Register for Classes at MC.
A2: Please install a copy for free of Microsoft Office Professional 2016 from withing your school email:
Log unto your school email. Click on Install Office 2016 from your student email account at https://www.office.com/ : It's free!
Click on Install Office
Click on Office 365 apps
Instructions to install (read them)
Q3. I cannot see a thing when I click on WebAdvisor via MC Portal
You are probably using Safari on your Apple device.
Use Chrome or Firefox instead.
Please see our Wireless/WiFi page for instructions on connecting to the campus wireless network.
Q5. How do I access my Pearson account?
View these tips:
View these two resources for help:
Please click on the link and follow the prompts:
Important note: In order for Respondus to work, you need to do these three things:
- Download it
- Install it
- Use it (click on the Golden Padlock on your desktop). Your username is the same as the MC4ME Portal; your password is your DOB in MMDDYY format.
- Your password should be your DOB in MMDDYY. If it is not, go to Blackboard via MC4ME Portal and change it under "settings", "personal information" in the upper handside corner.
- Student Quick Start Quide from Respondus
If you are an MAC iPad user folow this directions:
Using the iPad Edition of LockDown Browser
A student should follow these steps to take an exam with the iPad Edition of LockDown Browser:
- Download and install the "LockDown Browser" app from Apple iTunes to the iPad. (Requires iOS 7 or higher.)
- Enable iPad's "Guided Access" by selecting iPad > Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. Turn on Guided Access and set a passcode (you need to remember this passcode to exit Guided Access after an exam). The setup for Guided Access only needs to be done once.
- Start the LockDown Browser app.
- The first time the app is used, you will be prompted to select your institution and server. (If you later need to change the institution or server, select the settings icon on the LockDown Browser toolbar.)
- Triple-press the iPad home button to start Guided Access and enter LockDown Browser.
- After completing the exam, triple-press the home button and enter the passcode to exit Guided Access.
- Press the Home button again to return to the Home page.
Q7. How do I log unto Canvas?
Use the same username you use for the Portal (without @campus.mccd.edu), and the same password.
Q8. How do I log into CCOpen to apply to Merced College?
To reset your password with CCOpen, call the Chancellor's Help Desk at 877 247 4836.
You will need to go to https://www.office.com
Your username is the same as the Portal, but adding @campus.mccd.edu.
The password would be the same as for the MC Portal
Q10. How do I configure my iPhone, cell phone, or other email client, such as a PC, to retrieve emails from my college email account?
The settings for configuring your personal device to retrieve emails from your college count are represented in the screenshot below: