Respondus LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When students use LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for Windows, Mac and iOS.
Your instructor may require the use of Respondus for your class. In order for Respondus to work, you need to do these three things:
How to Install Respondus
- Download it - Here's the link: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/information.pl?ID=546334588
- Install it - Follow the prompts on the website link above
- Use it - Click on the Golden Padlock on your desktop
- Your username is the same as the MC4ME Portal; your password might be your DOB in MMDDYY format. If it is not, follow the instructions to change your password.
- Access Blackboard through the MC4ME Portal.
- Once inside Blackboard, click on the upper right hand side corner where your name is at.
- You will see an item that says “settings.”
- Click on “settings.”
- Once you click on “settings” you will see an item that says “personal information.”
- Click on the item that says “personal information.”
- Once you click on “personal information,” there will be an item on the main page that says “change your password.”
- Click on "change your password."
- Here is where you will create the password that you will be using to log on when you use Respondus Lockdown Browser.