Students, Staff & Faculty
Students, staff & faculty are welcome to connect personal devices to the campus wireless network by logging on with Merced College credentials.
Simply open the wireless network settings on your mobile device and look for SSID: "mccd-wifi."
"Joe Student" would log on to the "mccd-wifi" using his Merced College username and password:
- If you have a Chromebook or Android device, please do not allow your device to validate/check the Security Certificate, otherwise your device will not connect to the WiFi (it's an option where you'll type your username and password).
- If you are an employee of the district using a district-managed mobile device, please connect to SSID: “mccd-secure.”
- See documentation: Connecting to Merced College Wireless Network with Personal Device (PDF, Sept. 2016)
- For assistance please contact the staff helpdesk at (209) 384-6180 or email@example.com.
Guests visiting our campuses may connect to "mccd-wifi" using the following credentials:
- For help please contact the student helpdesk at (209) 381-6565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice about updated wireless network at Merced College (Fall 2016)