Students are eligible to receive a maximum of 1 full time Federal Pell Grant Award in any award year. If you have received Federal Pell Grant funding in both the Fall and Spring semester for 12 or more units each semester, or for Summer semester at another college that was paid out of the same academic award year, it is likely you have exhausted your annual eligibility and will be ineligible to receive Federal Pell Grant funding in Summer.
Check your Financial Aid status online at MC4ME
Did you know that financial aid may be available during the summer term? If you are planning to attend Summer Session 2015 and would like to be considered for summer aid, complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA and subsequently all Merced College financial aid paperwork and submit your financial aid packet in person to the Financial Aid Office by Wednesday, June 5, 2015. If you are have questions, contact the Financial Aid Office.
Eligibility For Summer 2015
· 2014-2015 financial aid packets must be completed and submitted along with information regarding other schools attended during 2014-2015 to the Financial Aid Office by Thursday, May 28, 2015 to be considered for the June 11, 2015 disbursement or Thursday, June 25, 2015 to be considered for the July 16, 2015 disbursement .
· Summer 2015 is the last term of our 2014-2015 academic year. Funding is not guaranteed.
· The number of summer units will impact your aid eligibility.
· The actual cost of attendance (fees, books, etc.) will be used to determine eligibility.
· Failure to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements for financial aid recipients will impact summer eligibility.
Awarding of Aid for Summer 2015
· To view summer financial aid awards, please visit your student portal at MC4ME.
· Awarded students must be enrolled in classes no later than Wednesday, June 5, 2015, in order to be eligible to receive funds on June 11, 2015.
· Financial Aid for classes added after June 5, 2015 will be disbursed on July 16, 2015.
· Federal Work Study and CalGrant will not be offered in the summer.
· Summer Pell Grant is any amount of remaining eligibility from the current school year 2014-2015 and is prorated by enrollment status.
* Failure to attend and document attendance may result in repayment*