Merced College supports breastfeeding mothers by providing lactation accommodations for employees and students who want to continue breastfeeding or express their milk while at the college. Please see the District’s Administrative Procedure - AP 7348, Lactation Accommodation.
Institutional Support for Employees
Please refer to AP 7348, Lactation Accommodation.
General Guidelines for Use
Lactation support rooms are for use by nursing mothers ONLY.
- Appointments are required for use on a regular, ongoing basis.
- The lactation support room is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, Monday-Friday during business hours and as scheduled. Drop-ins are welcome to use the room if it is available; however, priority is given to those with scheduled appointments.
- For room availability or to be added to the schedule, please contact Human Resources at (209) 386-6786 or visit the Office of Human Resources in the Administration Building.
- Mothers using the space are responsible for providing their own breast pump, storage containers and/or other equipment needed.
- It is the responsibility of each person using the lactation support room to clean up after themselves. This serves not only to respect other users, but to prevent contamination and illness transmission. Custodial staff will clean the room nightly as part of the regular cleaning schedule.
- Milk stored in the lactation support room should be properly labeled with the mother’s name and date. Each person is responsible for the proper storage of expressed milk. The College will not be responsible for stored milk and/or milk left in the refrigerator.
Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (including pregnancy) in education programs or activities that receive federal funding.
Contact for More Information
For questions, location, or to schedule an appointment contact the Office of Human Resources at (209) 386-6786 or visit the Office of Human Resources in the Administration Building.